Getting Rid Of Scars Naturally
Scars can be unsightly, uncomfortable and sometimes be the cause of social anxiety. This is why people with them take getting rid of scars very seriously. They want them to disappear.
Removing scars can be achieved through a variety of methods, including:
Some methods for getting rid of scar are better than others, offering varying degrees of potential outcomes.
In the world of natural scar removal, people tend to start with the likes of rosehip oil or onion extract. If these home remedies aren’t working, there is usually a move towards stronger over-the-counter scar removal treatments.
If your scarring is limiting your range of natural movement, your doctor may suggest more aggressive options, that might include surgery.
Somebody once said, “prevention is the best cure”, so in our series of short articles covering scar removal, we will also include ways in-which you can achieve this.
In this article, we will deal with a few popular and natural ways for getting rid of scars.
Natural Scar Removal Remedies
There are many purported natural scar removal remedies. We take a look at a few here:
- Rosehip Oil
- Onion Extract
- Vitamin E Ointment
1. Rosehip Oil Daily Treatment
There is very real evidence to suggest that, by applying daily doses of rosehip oil to a scar, over a 6 week period, it can significantly better the scars appearance.
You should dilute the rosehip oil in what is termed ‘a carrier oil’ or ‘base oil’. A carrier oils, are used to dilute essential oils (rosehip) before they are applied to the skin. The term carrier oil comes from the fact that they carry the essential oil onto the skin.
A simple carrier oil you can use with rosehip, would be a coconut or avocado oil. Apply the remedy to the scar twice a day for up to 6 weeks or until you notice a significant improvement.
Rosehip Oil – Where to find, how to prepare and how to use:
- Where to find – You can find rosehip oil at a health supply store or pharmacy, or buy it online.
- How to prepare – Use 15 drops of rosehip oil per 1 fluid ounce (30 mL) of the carrier oil of your choice (such as coconut or olive oil) unless your doctor or a naturopathic medicine practitioner recommends a different dosage.
- How to use – Don’t apply rosehip oil or any other essential oil directly to your skin, or it could cause irritation. Dilute it in a carrier oil or moisturizer first.
2. Onion Extract Daily Application
Onion extract can be used to soften a scar that has hardened. It is not so much a remedy for getting rid of scars, but studies have shown that applying onion extract on a daily basis, for up to 4 weeks, can significantly change and soften its general appearance.
Onion extra can be found in many over-the-counter scar treatments. Our own scar removal cream, by Revitol, contains onion extract as a natural active ingredient.
Where To Buy Onion Extract
Onion extract can be bought in pure liquid form or purchased as a gel or ointment. Your local pharmacy or health stock should stock it. If they don’t, simply buy on-line.
3. Vitamin E Ointment
The evidence as to whether vitamin E can improve the appearance of scars is mixed. It will essentially depend on the type of skin you have. If, by its application, it causes irritation or a rash, simply stop using the ointment.
You may wish to take advice from your pharmacy or doctor prior to using vitamin E, on the best ways of using it. In any event, follow the instructions on any labels or packaging carefully.
Applying Vitamin E
- Apply a very thin layer of vitamin E ointment to your scar, as directed by the packaging.
- Increase the daily amount gradually, provided you haven’t had any adverse reactions to it.
- Only use as much as recommended by your doctor or as suggested on the product label/packaging.
- If you experience any side effects such as; skin irritation, itching, burning, blistering, redness, or a rash, stop using the ointment.
Vitamin E Safety Test
If you decide to use a natural vitamin E oil or ointment to get rid of your scars, do a ‘patch test first’.
Simply put a small amount of the oil on a discreet area of your body, such as the back of your knee or behind your ear.
Wait for a period of up to 24-48 hours to see if you have an adverse reaction to it. If there is no reaction, you are safe to use the remedy.
Getting Rid Of Scars With Revitols Natural Scar Removal Cream
If you are interested in getting rid of your scars using a 100% natural over the counter scar removal cream, you would do well to choose Revitol.
Revitol can be used for all different types of scarring:
- Removes Acne Scars
- Remove Scars Caused By Surgery
- Remove Scars From Cuts, Gashes and Bruises
- Erases Dark Spots & Sun Damage
This Revitol cream consists of only all natural ingredients. It rely’s on vitamins and proteins to strengthen your skin and work to naturally regenerate the skin tissue and cells to help remove scars. Read More…